Texas Regional Eye Center is a complete eye center offering total eye care for patients, including medical and surgical eye treatment, routine eye examinations, and quality eyewear. Our goal is to provide patients with the finest possible patient care.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time optician. Applicants should bring their resumes In Person to our location from 8 am - 10 am on Monday, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Texas Regional Eye Center is looking for an outgoing, compassionate person with a strong customer service background to work in our Optical shop. Candidates must love working with people and be genuinely positive and enthusiastic. Previous optical experience is helpful, but not required. Pay starts at $14.50 an hour and may increase depending on experience and willingness to learn.
Duties will include:
- Fitting, styling, and measuring patients for eyeglass frames and lenses.
- Adjusting eyeglasses and minor frame repairs.
- Training contact lens insertion and removal.
- Ordering custom lenses and verifying patient insurance benefits.
Successful candidate should be a fast learner, enjoy working with the public, and be attentive to detail. Good work ethic needed for our busy practice.
Our practice is centrally located off of University Drive and our employees enjoy great working hours. We are open from 8 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Thursday, and 8AM - 1:00PM on Fridays.
Don't miss this opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- ABO Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location