Overhaul-Reman Engine Technician:
At Allstate Peterbilt, we want you to be successful with support and opportunities
The People/Culture: We feel that our technicians are not only the face of our organization but the backbone. We want to maintain an environment for you to learn, grow and be supported in a down to earth relatable environment.
Flexibility: We understand the importance of family and home life. That is why we offer flexible work schedules to help fit what our busy life schedules may need. We fully support a family first environment and are willing to help find that balance between work and family. We are passionate about both.
Challenge/Opportunity: We have huge opportunities to grow within the company. We work with customers on every aspect of the truck industry, including Truck sales, Finance, Parts, Internal and External sales. We also have a growing mobile service fleet that has over 40 trucks and a full support team that continues to grow year after year.
Brand: Our employees take pride in representing the Peterbilt brand that has been labeled “Best in Class” and has been building trucks for more than 80 years.
Overhaul/Reman Engine Technician Essential & Primary Job Duties
- Engine rebuilding in frame and out of frame.
- Replace engines with drop-in replacement engines.
- Determine services required to repair and perform failure analysis.
- Complete repairs and rebuilds/overhauls on a variety of diesel engines.
- Apply OEM documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying required parts and tools.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics on trucks in between engine repairs.
- We are interested in knowing about you!
Service Technician Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Trained and certified in engine diagnostics and performance.
- 3+ years field/shop experience performing engine work on Paccar/Cummins engines
- Valid driver's license
- Dependable and reliable attendance required
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 75 pounds
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
Service Technician Benefits:
- 16 days PTO plus holidays available during first year of employment
- Technician Efficiency Programs
- Immediate transition into new health insurance coverage
- Three different medical plans designed to fit your needs
- FSA/HSA plans to help with medical and childcare reimbursement
- Dental and Vision Insurance plans
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance and other co-insurance options
- 401(k) with Match
- Multiple Tuition Reimbursement programs and scholarship opportunities
- Extensive in-house training
- Health and wellness benefits
- Doctor on Demand mobile app
- Verizon wireless employee discounts
- CDL re-imbursement program
- Safety glasses and boot allowance programs
- Multiple dealership locations to allow for relocation opportunities
- Endless advancement opportunities throughout the company
Allstate Peterbilt Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disability employer. The company is also a drug-free workplace; candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)