Job descriptionWhat to Expect
Tesla Motors is looking for a Paint Prepper to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position will involve supporting the Body Repair and Service Program in all aspects.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Assist painter in pre-paint blending needs.
- Work with paint team to assist in keeping vehicle on track for scheduled delivery time.
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Buff and wax the finished paintwork.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Detail vehicles ready for delivery to customers
- Prior experience in vehicle paint process
- I-CAR certifications preferred
- Ability to receive directions and work well with others
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age