Do you enjoy the great outdoors and leading great people? If so, then please read further for an amazing leadership job opportunity with the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA)! LCRA has over 40 parks across Texas, along the Colorado River, that attract outdoor enthusiasts from across the country! As the Park Operations Manager, you would lead an energetic team while managing park operations in the district east of Austin, Texas. This park district has over 25 miles of multi-use trails, event venues, sleek Airstreams, cozy cabins and over 40 mix-use campsites for visitors to enjoy. Not to mention, the eastern district hosts a wide array of events, recreational activities and educational programs. If being surrounded by nature while leading outstanding people excites you, this management position may be a perfect fit for you!
You will be trusted to:
- Provide leadership and direction by developing goals, objectives, priorities, plans and procedures. Makes recommendations and proposals to management as required.
- Provide leadership and direction for planning, development and implementation of outdoor and educational programs, summer camps and Hyatt recreational activities.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision.
- Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information. Ensures staff complete work in safe, timely manner in accordance with established standards.
- Manage financial performance including but not limited to one or more of the following: revenue, expenses, forecasting, capital expenditures, and operating budgets.
- Participate in the development and oversight of public use outdoor facilities including providing information, assistance and directions to the general public regarding the park and the use of its facilities; interpreting policies and procedures; and coordinating and monitoring work of contractors.
You qualify with:
- Nine or more years of experience in operations, customer service, administration, educational and recreational programming, and development and execution in parks, retail, hospitality, tourism or relevant field, including three years of leadership responsibility. A degree(s) in parks and recreation, education, business, communications, marketing, sales or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Driver's license
You are a great fit with:
- Experience managing financial performance including revenue, expenses, forecasting, capital expenditures, and operating budgets
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,600.00 - $92,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Marble Falls, TX 78654: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Leadership: 9 years (Preferred)
- Business Management: 9 years (Preferred)
- Operations: 9 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 9 years (Preferred)
- Forecasting: 9 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location