CITY OF GLENWOOD SPRINGS
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Enforces parking ordinances and restrictions in the City with an emphasis on regular patrol and enforcement in the downtown area. Other duties may be required and assigned.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Supervisor as assigned by the Chief of Police
DIRECT REPORTS ASSIGNED: 0; non-supervisory position
JOB LOCATION: City Hall, 101 8th St, Glenwood Springs, CO
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours; May involve weekend and/or evening hours.
1. Patrols downtown routinely to promote compliance with parking regulations, issues tickets for violations.
2. Assists with identification and removal of vehicles that represent a hazard or have been abandoned.
3. Reports other violations of Ordinance or law to appropriate Department personnel.
4. Aids visitors and citizens by answering questions related to parking and the downtown and expanded areas.
5. Work involves performing duties primarily driving and walking throughout the downtown corridor, despite adverse weather, roadway, and sidewalk conditions.
OTHER DUTIES: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- In-depth knowledge of parking regulations.
- Strong familiarity with Municipal ordinances and State laws .
- Ability to issue and track parking tickets and complete any reports associated with them.
- A detailed knowledge of the downtown area and its buildings, streets, parking facilities and businesses is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills and a cooperative and helpful attitude are necessary in the ability to deal with upset and sometimes irate citizens.
- Ability to learn and operate computerized parking equipment and systems.
- Ability to learn and operate basic radio communications equipment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driver’s history.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel programs.
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the ability to walk several miles per shift and/or drive for several hours.
Lifting: 5-10 pounds frequently 15-20 pounds occasionally
Carrying: 5-10 pounds frequently 15-20 pounds occasionally
Pushing/Pulling: 5-10 pounds frequently 15-20 pounds occasionally
Climbing Stairs: frequently
Climbing Ladders: N/A
Reaching above/below/at shoulder level: frequently
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.88 - $23.85 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location