Who is Martin Tractor, Inc.?
Martin Tractor, Inc. is a family owned and operated 4th generation John Deere Dealership. Our company started from humble beginnings in 1926 at a farmhouse in Roanoke, Illinois.
Over the last 95 years our company has grown and Martin Tractor, Inc. currently has 13 locations across Central and Western Illinois. Martin Tractor Inc. has a unique culture, we have a small-town feel with all the benefits of a larger corporation.
We are currently looking to add a Parts Sales Professional to our Martin Tractor, Inc. team.
Why should you join Martin Tractor, Inc.?
- We offer 401K and Roth retirement plans with company-paid Safe Harbor employer retirement contribution.
- Free development opportunities in your field of knowledge, incentive pay programs, and employee discounts.
- Membership opportunities to Deere Employees Credit Union.
- For Full-time employees only:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Free Will, Living Wills, POA, and free Employee Assistance Program.
- Supplemental life, Short term, and Long-term disability.
- Start earning generous PTO time as soon as you start working.
What will a Parts Sales Professional do?
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs.
- Supply service technicians with parts in a timely manner to minimize service technician downtime. Places parts on correct segments of the repair order.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Unloads and verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing machine down and stock orders in their proper inventory locations.
- Process transfer requests and receipting of transfers.
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager.
- Record lost sales.
- Inventory of parts bins during slow times.
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Assist in loading/unloading of a transfer truck.
- Assist in trash removal to the dumpster.
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
- Keep the showroom and workstation clean and orderly.
Other Essential Functions:
- Create a positive experience for all customers through attitude, helpfulness, clarity, and innovation.
- Engage the marketing plan by calling customers daily, ask for feedback from in store customers as to needs.
- Proactively promote competitive parts and accessories to each customer.
- Review daily customer feedback with the Parts Manager.
- While in communication with customers, actively review and update customer information.
- Recognize and greet all customers as soon as they enter the building.
- Notify customers daily on the progress of ordered parts and availability.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills.
- Basic parts and machinery knowledge.
- Ability to use the John Deere Parts Catalog computer application.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
What does it mean to be a member of the Martin Tractor, Inc. organization?
- Martin Tractor, Inc. and its dedicated employees are trusted partners, delivering and supporting premium products and personalized solutions to agriculture, consumer, and commercial customers to ensure long-term success.
- Our vision is to be the indispensable partner in building lifelong relationships over multiple generations.
- How do we do this? By adhering to our core values of Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, and Teamwork.
We invite you to apply to become a part of our honest, hardworking, and dynamic group of dedicated employees.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants and internal transfers will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: 902 N Orange St, Lexington, IL 61753
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $19.50 per hour