JOB TITLE: Part-Time Order Checker
Valley Iron Inc. is a distributor of unfabricated metal products. Valley Iron stocks a complete line of stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon steel products, such as flats, channel, tubing, beams, plate, expanded metal, and various black and galvanized pipe sizes. Our customers include commercial construction, OEM’s, and retail business.
At Valley Iron Inc., our people are our most important resource. We’re looking for a highly detailed oriented Order Checker to become part of our Night Crew.
The Order Checker position is a part-time, non-exemptposition, and reports directly to the Night Crew Supervisor. This decision-making position will work to ensure a safe, well-organized, efficient work environment. The primary duties of the Order Checker will be:
- Reviewing loads to verify quantity and type of material
- May write tickets showing quantity and type of material, truck number, job location, and time
- Report number of materials transported
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Count items for distribution within the plant to determine and ensure meet company standards
- Report damages and claims to inventory control
- Arrange stock parts in a specific order for assembly by other workers
- Process inbound/outbound orders safely and accurately
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent measuring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
- Must be responsible and dependable; good attendance is essential to maximize success in this position
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment
- Variable work environment: work is conducted both indoors and out with varying environmental conditions
- may be exposed to various chemical fumes and airborne particles
Valley Iron is open five- and one-half days per week. The work hours for this position are 2:00pm to 6:00pm Monday thru Friday. Occasional Saturday work may be necessary.
Casual clothing suitable to the type of work performed and the work environment is acceptable, but must be neat, clean, safe, and in good taste. Casual business attire preferred, ie, nice jeans and collared shirts. Hard hat, safety glasses and closed toed shoes are required when going into the yard.
Safety is a high priority! In an effort to avoid a work-related injury to oneself or fellow employees, when working in the office or in the yard, the Purchasing Agent must use common sense when using any piece of equipment, and will be expected to observe, adhere to, and follow all Company mandated safety rules and regulations. Proper lifting techniques must always be exercised.
This job description summarizes the key functions of Order Checker will regularly perform. This job analysis in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. There will be occasions when s/he will be required to perform duties outside of this job description. Management has the right to assign duties in the manner it considers most efficient.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job analysis and requirements for the Purchasing Agent position, and I will perform the assigned functions timely and accurately.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.50 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fresno, CA 93706: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Work Location: One location