PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Duluth Trading Company Sales Associate, in this guest facing role, delivers the Duluth Brand experience daily. Consistent with that the associate provides thoughtful, engaging and solution based customer service, demonstrates superior product knowledge, enjoys being part of team, supports the overall sales goals and takes pride in maintaining a well merchandised, organized and clean store.
What We Offer:
- Daily Pay available!
- Flexible Hours
- 40% Store Discount
- Incredible Holiday Hours
- Growth Opportunities
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You'll Do:
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Understands the customer is the center of what we do.
- Understands how to layer personalized service into each area of interaction from greeting to fitting room to register.
- Effectively communicates sales and promotions.
- Understands the importance of email capture as part of sales and service and executes to standard.
- Responds proactively and is empowered to provide positive resolutions to customer concerns.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Assists in receiving, processing and replenishing merchandise.
- Maintains merchandising, presentation and display standards. Sales floor is customer ready.
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap and hospitality area.
- Accurately and efficiently processes all register transactions.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs any other duties as directed by management.
What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail experience preferred but not necessary.
- Customer Centric.
- Takes pride in a job well done, shows ownership in the store.
- Operates with integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand to finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 85 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.