- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Answer telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive and route messages and documents to appropriate staff.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Instruct patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare insurance demographic sheets, daily schedules, reports, therapist productivity, unit statistics, letters, and medical records.
- Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering, receiving and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Maintain pleasant and positive disposition during every face to face and telephone patient interaction.
- Able to maintain order of a large number of medical records and confidential documents appropriately.
- Manages difficult customers and implements service recovery techniques to ensure positive patient relations.
- Perform financial functions with accuracy (i.e. charge entry) to ensure optimal payment for services.
- Assists in patient care and related activities as instructed by the physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, occupational therapist, certified occupational therapist assistant or speech language pathologist.
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment
- Change linens, such as bed sheets and pillow cases.
- Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
- Ensures communication and collaboration with supervisors and fellow co-workers to serve patients and other customers to the best of his/her ability.
- Is professional in all actions and appearance
- Ensure compliance with regulatory parameters
- Uses resources wisely – as if they were one’s own.
- Demonstrates understanding and ownership of how his/her role contributes to achieving the success of the Department and the Health System.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Anticipates patients’/customers’ needs and acts accordingly.
- Works to enhance patient satisfaction
- Assist patients and families
- Analyzes problems from the customers’ point of view.
- Honors patient/customer/employee confidentiality.
- Seeks feedback on how to improve performance and offers constructive feedback, as well.
- Applies learning for improved performance.
- Presents self professionally & demonstrates professional behavior during interactions with others
- Strives to understand and value differences in others’ race, nationality, gender, age, background, experience, and style.
- Customer Service Skills
- Patient Wait Time
- Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient /Employee safety
- Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position.
- Validation of annual competencies required for the position
- Scheduling Functions
- Patient Identification
- Registration-Patient Information Updates
- Check-in Process
- Check-out Process
- Cash Collection
- Insurance Verification Process
- OHS Processing (site specific)
- Management of Medical Records
- Patient Care
- Department Productivity (site specific)
- Financial Counselor
- Management of Medical Records
- Open Function
- Close Function
- Transcription (site specific)
- Performs Multiple Tasks
- Clinical Work Processes
- Attendance/Time Management
- Departmental Meetings
- Personal Impact
- Health System ID is worn in accordance to GSPP policy
Patient Care Providers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- IDX Certification required
- Sunrise Billing system certification may be required
Location: Good Shepherd Penn Partners · Rittenhouse OP GSPP - Physical Therapy
Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), Day / Evening Shift, 7a-7p