Job descriptionOrganization BSI Business Group Primary Location United States of America-Colorado-Denver Work Locations 8011 CO Denver Vitalant 717 Yosemite Street Denver 80230-6918 Employee Status Full-time, Regular Shift Day Job Travel No
Job Posting Close Date Sep 13, 2022 Job Function Donor Services
$20.93 - $25.04 (DOE)
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!! Paid after 30 days, 90 days, and 12 months
Vitalant is where donors, talent and innovation meet to save and improve lives. We are the nation’s largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion medicine services for about 900 hospitals and their patients across the U.S. We seek team members who want to make a difference in people’s lives while furthering their careers. At Vitalant you can expect competitive compensation, paid time off and other benefits. Take your first step to joining our dedicated team by applying today.
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
SHIFT: Sun - Tue 6:45am -7:15pm
High School graduate or GED required.
- RN where required by law or SOP.
- Valid in–state driver’s license preferred.
Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT VITALANT
Vitalant is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace built on a foundation of respect, integrity, teamwork, and excellence. Through our DEI strategic plan, we create opportunities for employees of all backgrounds to feel valued, seen and heard. We believe this mission drives creativity and innovation, as employees experience an environment conducive to personal growth and career development.
VITALANT OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA and 410K retirement savings plans
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
As an essential operation to the nation’s healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the broader community. Vitalant requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for this position should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to have received the full series of vaccinations two weeks prior to the first date of employment unless an approved exemption exists prior to start.
If you are scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week, you are eligible for health, dental, vision, EAP, HSA, and FSAs on the first of the month following date of hire. You are eligible for all other benefits after three months of continuous employment and 401(k) after 30 days of continuous employment. If you are scheduled to work 20-29 hours per week, please see Human Resources Department for eligibility. The minimum pay for this position will be $20.93 DOE.