At Niagara, we’re looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Plant Quality Technician
Responsible for executing corporate and plant specific Food Safety, Quality and Laboratory requirements. The QA Technician reports to QA Manager. In the absence of the Quality Assurance Technician, the QA Manager or designate will assume the job duties.Essential Functions
- Ensure all parameters of food safety and quality are being adhered to and maintained throughout the facility.
- Assist with batching chemicals/ingredients for production.
- Calibrate lab and line equipment for accurate results.
- Collect in-process and finished product samples.
- Conduct standardized qualitative and quantitative testing to ensure it meets specifications.
- Perform aseptic testing for microbial contamination.
- Follow protocols for documenting testing results.
- Recognize deficiencies and initiate proper follow-up.
- Identify and isolate product that does not meet standards.
- Aid in troubleshooting deficiencies and non-conformances.
- Review food safety and quality records.
- Actively participate in plant teams (HACCP, Safety, etc.)
- Conduct other duties as assigned by management.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 0 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 0 Years – Experience in Position
- 0 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education*
- Must read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shift (days or nights) on a rotating schedule
- Must follow GMP Policy - wear company issued shirt, hat, safety glasses, earplugs and hairnet in production areas.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 Years– Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 2 Years – Experience working in Position
- 2 Years – Experience managing people/projects
- experience may include a combination of work experience and education
This position embodies the values of Niagara’s LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Makes safety the number one priority
- Keeps alert for safety issues and escalates immediately
- Effectively prioritizes tasks based on department goals
- Shows respect to others and confronts interpersonal issues directly
- Prioritizes resolution of customer issues effectively
- Responds promptly and honors commitments to internal and external customers
- Makes recommendations to continuously improve policies, methods, procedures, and/or products
- Demonstrates adaptability by reacting appropriately to unexpected changes in situations or circumstances
- Increases performance through greater efficiency
- Find a Way
- Seeks to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts
- Understands interdepartmental impact of individual decisions and actions
- Seeks solutions rather than placing blame
- Empowered to be Great
- Consistently looks for ways to improve one’s self through growth and development opportunities
- Communicates clearly and promptly up, down, and across
- Communicates effectively to manage expectations
- Minimum Required:
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: HACCP
- Required: Full Professional Proficiency
- Preferred: None Required
- This job is intended to be performed entirely outside of Colorado*
- Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.*
- Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour