What it’s like working at MQMR
MQMR is different. We bring a progressive approach to doing business in an antiquated industry, heavy with regulations, requiring us to be the best of the best. Working at MQMR means living our core values: commit to quality, create solutions, collaborate as one, cultivate raving fans, and climb higher. We have a moderately fast paced culture that is driven by hard work, quality, excellence, transparency, and nimbleness. You will be challenged daily to develop solutions to complex problems. We’re often told that one year at MQMR is the equivalent of 3-5 years of learning at other companies, so this is not a home for those who just want to clock in, go through the motions, and clock out. If you share in our core values, then we encourage you to continue reading the job posting as you may have found a great home for your career.
About this position
Extra, extra read all about it. We have a good problem to solve.... Due to MQMR's amazing growth and projected continued growth, we're elevating the current President into a CEO, visionary role and now we are in need of a President to run the business!
MQMR is searching for an experienced, dynamic, strongly motivated and passionate President to join our company and work with our Executive Team to provide exemplary leadership to our talented workforce. This position requires a proactive, strategic, entrepreneurial, and tactical leader who can operate lean and leverage areas of exponential growth.
We use a system called EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System). The President will act as an integrator in this work operating system. That means that they will be charged with running the daily business, including establishing short and long-term goals, managing budgets, ensuring the proper allocation of resources, and leading the executive team to meet the company’s goals. We are committed to the EOS system so please take some time, before applying, to make sure you are comfortable working in this type of environment. Read more about EOS here.
The President is responsible for the company's accountability to its owners, the mortgage industry and the general public and acts as the face of the company driving positive culture.
MQMR is a 60-person, remote company with teammates located in 15 U.S. states and a talented team in the Philippines. We grew revenues 18% YOY in 2020, 24% YOY in 2021 and are on target to grow 24% YOY in 2022.
This position is fully remote and can be located anywhere in the US. Most months, this position will require 0-20% travel, occasionally up to 40% travel. The compensation range for this position is $160,000-205,000 with a 20% annual bonus plan.
The person selected for this role will join a team of highly motivated individuals who constantly strive to improve our work product, help our clients climb higher by bridging the gap between risk and compliance, and consult our clients on becoming better mortgage bankers.
What your day will look like (responsibilities)
- Oversee budgets, staff and executives and regularly evaluate the success of the company through metrics and KPIs.
- Meet with board members and other executives to assess the direction of the company, develop short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies, and ensure the company's alignment with its stated mission, vision and culture.
- Oversee the complete operation of the company and ensure all goals are met based on the company's strategic plans.
- Ensure the organization continues to develop a high-performing, mission & values driven culture by strategically gauging staff morale and pro-actively addressing organizational issues.
- Drive sales growth by developing long-term, trusted relationships, and credibility with key external business and industry partners.
- Collaborate and encourage healthy conflict with Executive leadership team on company objectives. Occasionally, exercising discretion on the final decision.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the company's daily finances.
- Analyze budgets and financial reports.
- Update and revise plan(s) to increase the company's profitability and traction/progress.
- Create and maintain relationships with industry leaders.
- Review and advise on contracts.
- Ensure that strategic planning and forecasting are key competencies in the organization, oversee the development of forward-looking predictive financial analyses to ensure that the company can correctly access information and forecast implications quickly and thoughtfully.
- Stay abreast of long-range economic trends and work with Vice President of Finance to project their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking while driving the process(es) to refine the strategy and execution plans, as well as how to measure success and report progress.
- Bring creativity and passion to the organization and identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Look for alliances, mergers, partnerships and investment opportunities that would be beneficial to the company.
- Coordinate the due diligence, negotiations, and integration of potential acquisition targets, with a value creation mindset.
- Lead and collaborate on other duties and projects as assigned.
What will make you successful in this role (skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience gained from working your way up the corporate ladder through various roles (ex. Operational, Sales, Leadership positions). Mortgage experience preferred, financial services industry required.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, motivational abilities, and the ability to drive culture and engagement that finds and retains talented employees.
- Adaptive leadership to successfully manage through ambiguity and rapid changes.
- Strategic and innovative approaches to business planning, budgeting and management along with a sound understanding of best business practices.
- Effective prioritization, clear accountability, and the ability to make decisions within tight timeframes across multiple high priority projects.
- Outstanding leadership ability as well as excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process orientation (can manage large scale projects).
- Ability to work effectively with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Team.
- Executive presence can lead through influence and expertise.
- M&A experience (due diligence, reverse due diligence, pre, and post-integration work) a plus. Advanced Microsoft Suite knowledge preferred, G-Suite knowledge is a plus.
Some reasons why our employees love working here
- Employee net promoter score of 75+ year to date (scale from -100 to 100)
- Growing company, opportunity to grow with us
- Medical benefits with optional vision, dental, and life insurance opt ins
- 401k option
- Recognize almost all bank holidays (10 total) + Unlimited PTO + Volunteer Time Off + ad hoc Companywide Mental Health Days
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Work anniversary recognition
- Opportunity to work with the best of the best subject matter experts
- Modern work culture and monthly virtual team activities lead by our Culture Committee