Virginia MetalFab is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to fill the role of a Press Brake Operator.
WHO YOU ARE IN THIS ROLE
As a Press Brake Operator you will be a part of an AWESOME shop team performing various tasks involved in the metal forming process using press brakes and other forming tools.
Virginia MetalFab was founded in 2002 to provide the equine industry with high-quality manufactured and customized products. Since then, we’ve diversified to provide fabrication and manufacturing services to companies in a wide range of industries. Today we manufacture metal parts and assemblies for a wide range of industry leaders in the energy, utilities, transportation, and technology industries.
WE HAVE AMAZING PEOPLE!
You will love our people! We have hunters, car enthusiasts, gamers, musicians and every other variety of people. We have family people, single people, HAPPY PEOPLE! You will find friends here and we encourage you to bring along your friends too!
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Programs, sets-up, and operates press brake to form a variety of sheet metal and steel plate parts. Checks work to templates or drawings using scale, square, or other instruments to determine conformity.
- Reads, understands, and follows work orders, blueprints, and measuring apparatus.
- Evaluates job write-ups to ensure that parts are formed in the correct order.
- Correctly positions part on die.
- Checks parts to ensure machine is running correctly using various measuring tools.
- Uses forklift to pull jobs for forming.
- Ensures that safety equipment is working and adjustments are made as required.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Ability to wear various forms of PPE.
- 3 years of experience highly preferred.
- Ability to use 8-axis Amada Brake with 3D AMNCPC control.
- Proficient in math and skilled with multiple types of measuring devices.
- Ability to frequently lift/carry 51 - 100 lb.
- Ability to frequently push/ pull 41 – 100 lb.
- Computer Skills - Ability to use MS Suite.
- Certification, Licensure - Forklift operator.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Monday – Thursday: 4 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
In addition to providing you with competitive compensation, our benefits package is pretty impressive! Check out these AMAZING benefits –
What about insurance? We’ve got you covered….
GREAT health insurance
How about time off? We’ll make sure you get plenty of opportunities for some R&R…
Lots of paid time off (PTO)
Anything else? You betcha!
Referral program – you get $1,000 for every friend you refer who works here for one year!
Boot stipend for floor workers
Free lunch once a month (and… a steak on your birthday grilled to perfection!)
Liberty University online education discount
Service Days – we'll pay you for 8 hours of community service per year.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
1 - You read this job posting
2 - It piques your interest
3 - You tell us you are interested by applying and telling us more about yourself
4 - If your qualifications line up for the opening we call you to introduce ourselves
5 - You come and hang out with us and meet the in-person team
6 - You tell everyone how amazing your life has become
7 - Your friends come on over and join us too!
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!
SHARE THIS!! Don’t be afraid of friends or co-workers stealing this role. We have multiple openings! Be their friend and both of your come work here!
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!