- 5+ years of experience working directly with product, engineering, or logistics teams
- 7+ years of experience managing growth, go-to-market, or other marketing initiatives with cross functional, technical teams
- 3+ years of experience driving a high degree of ethical integrity in related fields such as trust, privacy, security/safety, legal/regulatory, public policy, or PR.
As Principal, Go To Market for Amazon Key, you will own the launch strategy and approach for products and processes that our neighbors use to manage shared access to their spaces. You will work closely with software and hardware engineering teams, program and product managers, UX designers, marketing and PR teams, and with other internal Ring and Amazon stakeholders, as well as with Key’s external network of strategic partners. This role is a great fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and who is sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to drive consensus around a high-integrity program.
It is still Day 1 at Amazon, and we need a creative, ethical problem-solver with exceptional judgment and high integrity under tight timelines. Business and product-minded individuals with deep experience in spaces where new technologies responsibly impact social norms are highly encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has a passion for smart home combined with an established track record earning trust with new technologies that push the boundaries of established norms.
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work.
Key job responsibilities
- Identify, scope, and deliver launch strategies for products and services from end-to-end.
- Work with Amazon, Ring, and external stakeholders to prioritize and define cohesive messaging that reinforces trust among neighbors.
- Look around corners to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and bring practical execution to the relentlessly high standards we have for the safety and security of our customers.
- Communicate with senior leaders on how and why our strategy is effective stewardship of the trust our customers and neighbors place in Amazon Key.
The Amazon Key team sits within the Amazon Devices team alongside Ring and other Home Security teams. Key is a uniquely cross-functional team within Amazon, and often serves as the connective tissue between Smart Home/Devices, Logistics, Operations, and Retail/Shopping. We are the bridge between device management and physical services, and our team indexes highly on ownership and collaboration. We have lots of stakeholders, and we have relentlessly high standards for our high-visibility programs.
- Is a virtuoso communicator, distilling complex topics to simple concepts understandable to a wide range of audiences.
- Has collaborated and driven commitments to deliver trust and safety and privacy solutions.
- Earned the respect of your peers and managers for your ability to grasp difficult technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable messaging and strategies for simplifying complex matters for broad audiences.
- Successful past experiences in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Uses data-driven metrics (qualitative and quantitative) to drive the right outcomes.
- Developed, implemented, and enforced programmatic launch protocols, end-to-end.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $249,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.