USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices. Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures. Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them (hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Trained or have the ability to be trained in the safe operation of a forklift and all equipment associated with driving a forklift.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.10 - $25.27 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location