Job descriptionThis role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Redwood City, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- 2 years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using SQL with datasets
- Experience influencing product management/engineering teams, executive leadership, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience executing, multi-tasking, and leading complex, ambiguous, strategic, and operational initiatives
- Understanding of the small- and medium-sized business landscape
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and use problem-solving techniques to evaluate solutions
- Ability to use SQL to deliver insights and recommendations for business direction/priorities, drive selections/technical requirements, and gather product requirements
- Excellent business judgment and executive-level communication skills
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
In this role, you will serve as the primary lead between global Google Customer Solutions (GCS), Go-To-Market (GTM), Product, and Engineering teams. You will work with teams across Product, Engineering, GTM, and Sales to drive product adoption/improvement globally for the GCS organization. You'll drive business insights and analysis and define go-to-market strategies, including business goals and metrics for products. In addition, you will lead, execute tactically and strategically, and effectively influence a wide range of stakeholders across functions.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to maximize the business programs that will impact and optimize their operations.
- Drive selections, gather product requirements, and drive technical systems implementation by collaborating closely with team members.
- Track system performance, perform analysis to understand performance drivers and make required changes.
- Present technical data to non-technical executive audiences.