Job descriptionNote: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Boulder, CO, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of experience in program management
- Experience discussing and working with accessibility technology, UX, and testing
- Experience working with test engineers and leading complex test efforts
- Experience managing multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Experience evaluating technical trade-offs and making decisions that help teams prioritize their work and maximum user impact
- Familiarity with various assistive technologies (e.g., Google Talkback, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and explain technical/complex problems to a variety of audiences across engineering, product management, and testing teams
About the job
The Collaboration and Communication Accessibility Team’s mission is to make Google Workspace products more accessible and usable for users who engage with our products everyday. We strive to go beyond the traditional accessibility program and make Google Workspace a tool to help every user be more productive.
As a Program Manager, you will work with Product teams across Google Workspace to realize our goals.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience - and changing the way they think about computing.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $98,000 - $106,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Help create, manage, execute, scale, and evolve the processes that make our products universally accessible and productivity enhancing for everyone.
- Work with Product teams in resolving and tracking accessibility improvements.
- Manage accessibility approvals for Google Workspace launches, and troubleshoot escalations.
- Manage lifecycle of accessibility bugs to ensure bugs are triaged correctly and that open bugs are still relevant.
- Document and create roadmaps. Maintain up-to-date accessibility dashboards, launch dates, and exemption forms.