Job descriptionAbout BK Medical
BK Medical is committed to designing active imaging systems that help surgeons visualize anatomy and lesions, guide interventions, and navigate inside the human body. Our mission at BK is to change the standard of care in surgical interventions with real-time visual guidance, giving surgeons the information needed to immediately make critical decisions.
Now, BK Medical is advancing its mission with GE Healthcare. Together, we will reach more customers and continue to empower surgeons to make critical decisions that allow for better care, faster procedures, and reduced complications.Position Summary
Performs complex electrical and mechanical inspections and reviews test results. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Works with a cross functional team to ensure the quality of purchased products is monitored via incoming inspection with set specifications provided by Engineering. This position reports to the Quality Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties
- Works without supervision in two or more of the following disciplines: incoming, in process, and/or final inspection
- Will be a trained back up for final inspection activities
- Will be a trained back up for depot activities
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways
- Utilizes knowledge of inspection processes and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems
- Performs complex electrical and mechanical inspections to determine compliance to established standards or specifications set forth by engineering
- Reviews test results
- Advises supervisor of quality issues and may offer suggestions for changes in design or test procedures to improve operations
- May make recommendations for solutions
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- May provide guidance to other non-exempt employees
- All other duties as assigned by the manager
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Prefer an Associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of computers, various software applications and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual, Agile, and SAP
- Proficient with inspection hand tools – Micrometers, Calipers, Drop Gage, etc.
- Solid knowledge of inspection operations, processes, and procedures
- Proficient with reading Blue Prints/Drawings
- Basic understanding of GD&T preferred
- Basic understanding of vision system usage such as OGP Smart Scope and CMM usage such as Vista or Duramax (Running programs only is acceptable)
- Able to use statistical software to analyze data
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods, engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Ability to pass a skills and knowledge test (Math, Test/Measurement)
General manufacturing environment. Exposure to hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. May require moderate lifting. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects.
- Lifting <25 pounds
- Computer typing
- Computer monitor
- State College, PA
BK Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. BK Medical will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in a