Provide safety and health leadership and expertise to the industrial operations within the region and/or business unit across Bunge North America. Works with the regional safety team and operational leaders to serve and support the plants with the execution of programs and plans that reinforce our “safety first” culture by continuously improving our ability to prevent serious events, injuries, and fatalities, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations. Position reports to the North American Safety Director.
- Provides technical support and professional expertise to the industrial operations leadership and plants.
- Coach, counsel, and develop operations leadership and site safety professionals on how to lead with safety
- Perform audits to improve the effectiveness of our standards that prevent serious injuries and fatalities and ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor plant and business unit effectiveness for corrective actions closure of high-risk items from audit, events, and pro-active safety metrics.
- Assist plants with deployment of Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) philosophy, training, and tool deployment.
- Support plants and business units with the execution of North America region 5-year plan.
- Share responsibility with other regional safety managers as Subject Matter Expert on specific safety programs. Work across all North America operations and with the Global safety team on the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with the regional safety team to monitor and maintain our safety standards to ensure compliance with Bunge global requirements, local, state, and federal rules and regulations in the US, and Canada.
- Work with the regional safety team to develop and implement programs to train managers and employees in worksite safety practices with a focus on high potential employee exposures. (e.g., confined space, lock, tag & try, electrical safety, mobile equipment, etc.).
- Lead investigations and root cause analysis of serious events.
- Support the Loss Prevention Control inspection process, with emphasis on fire prevention and fire protection equipment.
- Support Process Safety Management (PSM) programs at locations with solvents, hydrogen, ammonia, chlorine, and explosive dust
- Represent the organization in meetings with federal, state, or provincial regulatory agencies and community or industry safety groups and programs.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, or engineering with an emphasis in safety, or closely related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 10 or more years of manufacturing safety experience or related food/agribusiness experience.
- Demonstrated experience with making improvements in SIF potential incidents (Serious Injury, Fatality) and HPE’s (High Potential Exposures).
- Experience with Human & Organizational Performance (HOP) and deployment at the plant level.
- Experience working with multiple sites
- Demonstrated success in the application of safety standards, compliance with safety regulations, and the promotion of a safe working environment.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills within a matrix, team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers and related business software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel over 50% of time
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled