Are you looking to make an impact in a community that is in need of access to quality healthcare? Your meaningful work will give you the opportunity to help a population that is suffering from amongst the worst health outcomes in the state of California. Here at Lake County Tribal Health, we change lives every day. We are currently hiring for a REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT.
Please visit our career page on the web at www.LCTHC.com to submit an employment application. This job is in Lakeport, CA, where cost of living is cheap and air quality is amazing.
Medical Coverage under $110/month
Individual Dental, Vision, Term-Life, and Disability Income insurances included
25% contribution rate to 403 (b) retirement plan
15 Paid Holidays including your Birthday
4.4 weeks a year Paid Time Off
Great organizational culture
RDA POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for a wide range of tasks in the dental clinic as qualified by state law ranging from patient care to administrative duties to laboratory duties.
RDA ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates excellent team work through communication, positive attitude, willingness to help anywhere at any time
- Demonstrates excellent patient care and customer service through clean personal appearance, friendly demeanor, going to the extra mile for patients
- Demonstrates loyalty to LCTHC by being on time, not abusing sick leave, taking appropriate breaks, avoiding unnecessary overtime, and respecting and caring for the facility
- Takes pride in the appearance of the clinic and takes immediate steps to correct a discrepancy, like promptly disposing of garbage on the floor
- Assists dentists in the care and treatment of patients
- Supports and takes directions/instructions from the lead assistant
- Takes x-rays under the direction of the dentist by first consulting with the dental providers prior to taking x-rays
- Performs tasks as legally and professionally qualified for
- Prepares and maintains the operatories, sterilization area, lab, x-ray room
- Maintains an adequate inventory of dental and administrative supplies and notifies lead dental assistant of shortages
- As a team member, provides coverage for other staff members during breaks and lunch to include front desk
- Cross-trains for front office in order to provide coverage as needed
- Uses the phone only in authorized areas
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by lead RDA, dental manager, or dental director
RDA EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School diploma or GED
- CA driver’s license
- Licensure by the state of California as a Registered Dental Assistant
- Coronal Polishing and Radiation Safety Certification Certificate
- Prior experience in a dental office environment preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All LCTHC employees are expected to:
-Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
-Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
-Maintain safe practices; and
-Abide by the LCTHC policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
RDA PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sitting / Mobility: Approximately 30% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 70%) is spent moving around work areas. Communication: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, patients and members of outside agencies, in person, by telephone, and by email. Vision: Ability to view x-ray, dental records, effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos, and other appropriate paperwork. Lifting / Carrying: Ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing no more than 25 pounds. Stooping / Kneeling: Ability to access files/stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves. Reaching / Handling: Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies. Use of standard dental instruments and equipment, including dental x-ray, office equipment, computer, telephone, calculator, copiers, and fax. Work is performed in a dental office/clinic environment; continuous contact with other staff and the public.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference may be given to qualified Native American Indians according to the Indian Preference Hiring Act, CFR 25 USC 472. Other than Indian Preference, Lake County Tribal Health Consortium, Inc. adheres to all provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunities Act.
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ACT REQUIREMENT: LCTHC is committed to maintaining a drug free and alcohol free workplace. LCTHC believes that a healthy, productive workforce free from the effects of drugs is very important to all employees and patients. Substance abuse is incompatible with the health, safety, efficiency and the success of LCTHC.
Employees who are under the influence compromise LCTHC’S interests, endanger their own and the health and safety of others and can cause a number of other work-related problems. As a condition of employment, each applicant receiving a job offer from LCTHC must take and pass a required drug screen test.
HIPAA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability:
This act was enacted to deal with three main areas with regard to patient information.
- Security of health information
- Standards of electronic transactions
- Privacy of individually identifiable health information
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
Lake County Tribal Health is an At-Will Employer. Either the employee or LCTHC can terminate the employment at will, without advance notice, at any time, with or without cause.
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.72 - $24.74 per hour
- One location