Job descriptionBasic Qualifications : Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Local Candidates Only - Must work on site in Scottsdale, AZ at least 3 days a week.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Responsibilities for this Position: Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Release Train Engineer, you’ll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, lead research and design, develop and test software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. We will rely on your experience and knowledge to solve the hardest technical problems facing the company, often requiring the utmost creativity and innovation. It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
The ideal candidate is a certified Release Train Engineer and has experience on a Large Solution program which includes both Hardware and Software. But we are willing to train the right candidate. An example of “the right candidate for development” has been a scum master on a HW/SW solution and knows JIRA and Confluence or equivalent tool suite; another example is someone who knows DOD program’s well and has a demonstrated capability to think at a Systems Level and has a growth mindset.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) using JIRA and Confluence, and customization we build in the Power BI dashboard.
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs).
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process that drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs through Pre and Post planning events.
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company.
- Coordinate across subcontractors and tasks and priorities. Developing mitigation plans to maintain schedule and program requirements.
- Develop overall RTE planning in collaboration with customer and key engineering functions.
- Familiarity with Space/Ground Systems, hybrid-cloud enterprise solutions, and large-scale program integration.
#LI-Hybrid #CJ1 Salary Note: This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. Combined Salary Range: USD $166,500.00 - USD $184,700.00 /Yr. Company Overview: At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran