ABOUT DHAR MANN STUDIOS:
Dhar Mann Studios is a video production company aimed at creating positive content for the social media generation. These short, motivational videos focused on life, business, and relationships receive over 1 Billion views monthly and have garnered over 40 Billion views on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. The team is led by Dhar Mann, a mission-driven entrepreneur with a global audience of over 90 Million social media followers and one of the highest viewed content creators in the world today. These compelling stories depict real life situations shown by actors that teach important life lessons, inspired by Dhar Mann's personal experience of success and failure. The company is driven by one founding principle: We’re not just telling stories, we’re changing lives.
We are searching for a Colorist that can provide high quality, consistent, expertly color graded content for our short cinematic viral videos! We have an awesome team of editors, screenwriters, casting associates, directors, and shooters so this role would require performing all of the technical aspects of color correcting and color grading at a high eye-catching/ appealing level. The ideal candidate has strong experience with narrative films and grading raw footage without the use of a lookup table. Ultimately, understanding color and narrative styles at an expert level to enhance and build suspense and emotion, increasing the overall entertainment value with little or no direction. This position often requires working long hours including nights and weekends. Since we are a mission-led company and all of the content we create inspires people, the right candidate will find the long hours to be exciting and highly satisfying!
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Working with Davinci Resolve to provide high-quality color correction and grading to enhance the film quality
- Color grading in a creative way ensuring color is in line with the vision of the team all while following branding guidelines
- Matching all shots and providing a cinematic look
- Offering creative solutions, collaborating closely with the production team, and ensuring all final files are complete and organized
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 3 years experience editing and coloring short-form video content with narrative structure
- High-level experience in color correcting/grading with DaVinci Resolve
- A strong portfolio demonstrating high quality color correcting/grading editing ability
- In depth knowledge of color theory with a strong technical understanding of how color affects the narrative film
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on a wide variety of projects
- A team player with the ability to learn quickly
- Skilled in handling quick and consistent output without sacrificing quality
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Colorist reports directly to the Editing Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Colorist has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
Our Colorist will work remotely from home or personal office and will be required to utilize Dhar Mann Studios time tracking software to log and submit work hours
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This role will require 20 hours or less a week from 9am - 6pm pst, schedule will be discussed during interview
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- We've kept our hiring bar really high - you will work with the best
- Our content is growing quickly, so you'll get the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and grow a ton personally!
- Get to know Dhar Mann Studios: https://www.dharmann.com/career
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set.
This information is not for use by any unauthorized person/ site and is only to be posted by brand affiliates