Job descriptionA smile can be transformative. Byte was founded on a commitment to improve access to orthodontic care through its affordable, easy-to-use, direct-to-consumer clear aligner solution. We celebrate every customer’s newfound confidence from their beautiful smile because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Now a part of Dentsply Sirona with its unmatched resources and R&D capabilities, we are growing our team in the US to reach new customers and accelerate our mission of changing the world one smile at a time. Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY. About byte. We are an ambitious team that's transforming the way people achieve a beautiful, more confident smile. No longer do you have to step inside the orthodontist office to create the smile of your dreams. With a click of a button, you are on the road to making those dreams a reality. Our doctor-directed, at-home system makes it easy, safe and affordable for everyone. We also believe that a job should do more than pay the bills. It should fill you with a sense of purpose. The kind you feel when you’re a part of something BIG.
Interested? Let’s talk.
As a byte Remote Dental Assistant your mission will be to commit to the practice of delivering awesomeness and making people smile. You will help customers through their smile journey, so its important to know our product inside and out and be able to answer questions about clear aligners, orthodontics, and how we can help align their teeth (and of course, the reasons why in some cases, we cant).
What You'll Do:
- Assistants should be comfortable working with electronic medical records and have experience with digital patient management systems, with experience using Salesforce being the most desirable
- Receive inquires & attend to patient concerns specific to dental treatment planning through phone, email and chat
- Prioritize & relay patient concerns regarding treatment needs to corresponding team members
- Assess patients' stage of progress to initiate changes to existing treatment as needed
- Evaluate need for & implement modifications to treatment protocol on a case-by-case basis
- Distinguish between need for continuation, refinement, or extension of existing treatment plan
- Route treatment needs to other team members accordingly
- Serve as a liaison between patients and the orthodontic & customer care teams
- Possess a willingness to speak with patients directly regarding their dental concerns, including via email, phone or customer care team members as appropriate
- Identify & prevent potential escalations, and generate an appropriate escalation flow if indicated
- Refer patient to their providing dentist to determine candidacy should other treatment options be of value in order to achieve desired aesthetic or maximize treatment outcomes
- Clinicians will be responsible for managing their case load based on established, attainable SLA (service level agreements)
- The clinical team has weekly team meetings to discuss policies, procedures and improvements designed to help clinicians deliver on our company mission to help people smile more, every day
Who You Are:
- 5 years experience as a Registered Dental/Orthodontic Assistant (required)
- Shift flexibility and must fall between the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, pacific time
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a dedication to putting team first
- Positive, friendly and professional personality
- Competitive base pay
- Industry leading benefits package that includes:
- Health, Vision and FREE dental plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and (8) Paid Holidays a year
- Matching 401(k) program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Awesome aligner and whitening benefits for you and your family
- And a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form.