Job descriptionTHE POSITION Who we are
Roche Diagnostics acquired Stratos Genomics (SBX Nanopore Sequencing) in 2020 for its unique chemistry that advances DNA sequencing by nanopore, Sequencing by eXpansion (SBX™). You will engineer and synthesize the molecular building blocks for our novel technology. These building blocks translate DNA sequences into a simple to measure surrogate, the Xpandomer, which significantly improves the accuracy and throughput of nanopore sequencing.
The Molecular Engineering group is passionate about the novel molecules they have developed and the impact SBX technology can have on advancing sequencing and patient outcomes. We are looking for people who are excited about the significance of our technology and want to make SBX successful.YOUR MAIN FUNCTIONS
Synthesize and purify our surrogate nucleotides (X-NTPs).
Propose and execute high quality laboratory experiments.
Effective communication of project status and significant findings.
Identify and troubleshoot problems in creative ways.
Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of project goals.
Follow SOPs in the production of reagents and starting materials.
Perform data analysis and protocol development.
Maintain accurate, detailed and reliable laboratory records.
Present findings at group or departmental meetings.
Maintain the lab’s cleanliness and organization.
Develop and propose improved processes to fulfill the above functions.
Other duties as assigned.
Please include a cover letter outlining why you want to work with us, your specific interest in our technology and how you would contribute, this is important.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MS or PHD Preferred.
- 0-2 years of industry experience, less with advanced degrees (3+ years preferred).
- Laboratory experience with conjugation chemistry or synthesis including preparation, purification and sample handling preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have:
- Mature understanding of how to work with chemical and biochemical samples, including sample handling, reactivity, purification and storage.
- Excellent skills with basic wet lab techniques including pipetting, gel electrophoresis, solution preparation, etc.
- Experience with complex and/or large molecule purification techniques such as HPLC, column chromatography, size exclusion, ultrafiltration, etc.
- Experience with common chemistry lab equipment such as inert atmosphere chambers, lyophilizers, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, centrifuges, etc.
- Technical background in conjugation chemistry and/or chemical synthesis pathways.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.JOB FACTS
Job Sub Category
Full timeJob Type
Aug 30th 2022Job ID