Earn up to $18.25 including tips!
Potbelly Sandwich Shops, where Good Vibes and Great Careers are a way of life! Come Build the Potbelly Nation with us.
Potbelly got its start in 1977 as a small antique store that turned into a lines-out-the-door neighborhood sandwich shop. Before you knew it, we were serving up delicious food in a fun environment at more than 400 shops across the United States.
We continue to wake up every day with one goal: Make people happy through good vibes and delicious craveable food. Put those awesome ingredients together, and there’s no telling what we’ll cook up next!
Job Title: Associate
Location: Field, Assigned to Specific Shop
Reports to (Title): General or Assistant Manager
Details: Part-Time, Nonexempt
A Potbelly Associates job is to make our customers really happy. Since they are the primary point of customer contact, it is up to them to provide our customers and excellent experience by providing fast, friendly and efficient service and by delivering a quality and consistent product every time, in a clean and inviting environment.
- Demonstrates and reinforces Potbellys Behaviors and Values Integrity, Food Loving, Teamwork,
- Accountability, Positive Energy, Coaching, Delivering Results through Execution, Building and Inspiring
- Teams, Creating Potbelly Fans- through all interactions.
- Ability to discuss Potbelly history with others.
- Prepare quality finished products (sandwiches, salads, soups, cookies, ice cream, etc.) efficiently per Potbelly recipe manual standards.
- Comply with health and safety standards for food, cleanliness and safety of shop.
- Maintain personal hygiene standards, including wearing clean Potbelly uniform.
- Comply with established food safety requirements and practices.
- Comply with shop security and safety standards.
- Be speedy and accurate in fulfilling orders.
- Handle raw and finished waste according to established procedures.
- Make customers really happy.
- Engage in friendly conversation with customers in line.
- Act with a sense of urgency toward all customers in the shop.
Other Key Functions
- Restock food line, chips and cooler.
- Work multiple stations (load, dress, shakes, cash, prep, front) as directed by Manager or Shift Leader
- Deliver catering orders as detailed in the Catering Driver and Delivery Agreement.
- Prepare meats and cheeses for different sandwiches.
- If 18 or older, uses the automatic slicer to prep food items.
- Clean tables, counters, floors, bathrooms, kitchen and utensils; take out trash.
- Operate cash register: handle, balance and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Effectively handle customer complaints/issues.
- Takes delivery/catering/pickup orders over the phone.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Able to work in both warm and cool environments, indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORS
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- For Illinois employees, all employees are required to become food safety certified within 30 days of employment. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- Must be friendly and customer service-oriented.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene.
- Ability to handle a knife confidently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work as a team-player.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and written communication, such that employee can perform his or her job responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate leadership behaviors and values that align with Potbelly.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Address: 14009 N. US Highway 183 Austin, TX - 78717
Property Description: 000386 - Lakeline DT
Property Number: 000386