Roofing Project Manager - Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing — both domestic and international — and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! Primary responsibilities of the Roofing Project Manager include estimating, profitability and execution of roofing projects. The Roofing Project manager will be responsible for the logistics and overall success of producing a high-quality, profitable project on a national scale.
What you’ll do….
- Commit to excellence as you represent and work for BlueTeam.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Effectively communicate and work with BlueTeam including, Business Development, Project Managers and all other staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance adjustors, property managers, property owners, industry related associations and other potential business sources.
- Actively market BlueTeam through associations, meetings, local functions and trade shows.
- Participate in all conference calls or meetings scheduled by BlueTeam or your supervisor.
- Assist in the training of new or current employees as directed by your supervisor.
- Onsite management of assigned projects from the Director of Roofing.
- Lead on permit coordination and filing.
- Solve and/or refer field problems as they arise.
- Organization, construction and completion of job paperwork; including writing of daily field reports, crew sheets, weekly status reports, and incident reports.
- Management onsite subcontractor crews during production, including ensuring the proper man count to execute the project within the established project schedule and with the highest standard of workmanship quality.
- Assist with recruiting and qualifying subcontractors as needed for each project.
- Identify additional work/revenue opportunities while onsite.
- Follow the site-specific safety plans to ensure the safety of field personnel.
- Monitor production progress and financial performance of projects.
- Produce punch list and project close-out.
- Perform and document detailed roof inspections.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll need…
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or five (5) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in commercial roofing construction.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Accurately write up scope and recommendation to client, adjuster, consultant, etc.
- Must quickly develop rapport and trust with all customers and adjustors.
- Proficient in large loss and commercial claims.
- Professionally identify and communicate all change orders, supplements and code upgrades.
- Accurately track and document roof project workflows.
- Actively participate in and manage all collection efforts.
- Communicate project or site staffing issues with supervisor in a timely manner.
- Effectively support Project Managers and Superintendents on all projects.
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours including being on call at all times in order to respond to emergency losses.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of sales numbers, current projects, pending projects and account receivables.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment as you perform Project Director duties.
- Must be able to walk all jobsites including adverse conditions.
- Perform physical tasks such as standing for extended periods and using ladders to access rooftops.
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a “team” but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.