- 5 years of experience in compliance, policy, service level agreement management, managed services, and security operations.
- Experience integrating processes between public cloud providers, external parties, designing systems, and workflows that help public cloud providers work with external parties.
- Current and active US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
- Experience with best practices in business operations, knowledge of service operations, customer support operations, internet/online media.
- Ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems (i.e., this position requires leading and working effectively with cross-functional groups).
- Ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for partners and customers in a cross-functional organization.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Now more than ever, organizations are looking to accelerate their cloud adoption. They want easier development, faster innovation, and efficient scale, all while simultaneously reducing their technology risk. However, some of their workloads cannot move to the public cloud entirely or right away, due to factors such as industry or region-specific compliance and data sovereignty needs, low latency or local data-processing requirements, or because they need to run close to other services. Enter the Managed Infrastructure Operations Practice. The Managed Infrastructure Operations Practice is a new organization within Google Cloud’s Cloud Customer Experience (CCE) organization. The purpose of the Infrastructure Operations Practice is to deploy, manage, and operate complex customer environments, support our partners who operate environments on our behalf, and extend the capabilities of Google Cloud beyond the boundaries of our own data centers to hosted and edge data centers.
- Define, launch and drive strategic and analytical initiatives to improve internal and external facing processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Lead cross-functional projects and teams by working with business stakeholders across the org to develop and manage project trackers, project communication to stakeholders, timelines, and lead cross-functional groups to synthesize feedback and deliver on project objectives.
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks; develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices that are a benefit across the organization - Create dashboards, reporting systems, and internal communications aligned to different audience levels, especially executive.
- Drive insights and efficacy of reach through broader team, ensuring that processes are defined and executed based on “best practices” established in key engagements.