Are you a dynamic individual passionate about energy efficiency? Do you enjoy developing and leading impactful trainings? How about project implementation?
You’re in the right place! We are hiring a Strategic Energy Management Coach at Energy 350 to serve our territory in Southern Oregon.
- Location: Remotely 80% of the time (work from home in Southern Oregon - Josephine, Jackson, Douglas, or Klamath counties)
- Travel: Approximately 20% travel to client sites around Southern & Central Oregon
- Pay: $70,000-$100,000 annually
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, HSA, EAP, 401K with 4% match & Profit Sharing, PTO, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, Wellness Reimbursement & First Time Homebuyers Assistance.
- Schedule: Full-Time 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday.
About Energy 350: The future is bright at Energy 350! We are an energy efficiency consulting firm located in Portland, OR. Energy 350 is a leader in energy efficiency programs, policy, research, evaluation, and engineering. At Energy 350, we care about our employees and prioritize a balanced work lifestyle. We look for fast learners who are highly motivated and mission driven to join us in our casual yet hard working environment where we value people for who they are and for their differences.
To learn more, visit our website: https://www.energy350.com/
Position Overview: As a Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Coach you will help evaluate, support and create energy management practices with new and existing industrial and commercial participants. Key to this role is the ability to influence organizational cultures to expand participant engagement around energy management. This dynamic position requires collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders ranging from utility program representatives to executive management and maintenance staff.
A typical day may include:
- Delivering Strategic Energy Management (SEM) curricula dynamically and engagingly in group settings and one-on-one, virtually and in-person
- Acting as a coach, facilitator, teacher, and influencer
- Inspire and influence cultural change to one that embraces employee engagement around energy efficiency
- Help participants identify energy efficiency improvements
- Keep participants involved and accountable for actions leading to energy savings
- Coach participants on the change management practices required to incorporate SEM principles into their ongoing business operations
- Coordinating with Energy 350 engineers to support project implementation
- Ensuring timely implementation of project milestones
- Support development and continuous improvement of new and existing programs and curriculum
- Periodic travel to customer facilities – travel mode and time will vary depending on your location
- Participating in industry collaboratives and other events or conferences
- Collaboratively working with the entire Energy 350 team to deliver high-level customer service and contribute to building an inclusive culture of continuous improvement
Qualifications: We understand not all candidates will have all the experience or skills listed, however, if you feel passionate about the work we do and have some but not all listed requirements, please feel free to apply!
- Experience working with Energy Trust of Oregon and/or Strategic Energy Management (required)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outgoing, self-starter personality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team setting
- The competency to utilize a wide range of software tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Facilitation skills
- Proficient in thinking and processing information at a “big picture” or systems level and able to make connections with the finite details (i.e., a systems thinker)
Preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience working on behalf or for Energy Trust of Oregon and/or experience delivering Strategic Energy Management
- Experience supporting organizational change initiatives
- Organizational coaching and/or consulting
- An understanding of how DEI ties into coaching and program development
- The ability to inspire people to change the way they view and manage their operations and support cultural change
- Delivering workshops to 30 or more people in virtual and in-person settings
- Experience in the energy efficiency field
- Familiarity with manufacturing/industrial settings
- Experience with lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and/or agile
- Experience in customer service, account management, or project management
- Undergraduate degree, advanced degrees, and/or other relevant professional experience
- Any other lived experiences we have missed here also appreciated and considered
Energy 350 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We value people for who they are and for their differences. Individual backgrounds, perspectives and varied experiences contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace which fosters a higher level of creativity and productivity. By embracing diversity, we believe that we will leverage the many experiences and ideas that each person brings to Energy 350 and become a stronger organization.
Are you interested? Please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address found at energy350.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Why are you interested in working at Energy 350 and in this role specifically?
Work Location: One location