Job description> 7 years leading, facilitating, influencing, and participating in cross-functional / cross-organizational teams that designed packaging and drove towards exceptional outcomes
> 5 years leading by influence team made of multiple stakeholders across functions and organizations
Experience analyzing data, communicating data-based insights, and developing impactful stories and value propositions to attain a business purpose
Experience influencing complex decisions made by multiple stakeholders across organizations (e.g. Sales or Account Management experience) through communications that are clear, concise, and data-based
Passion for sustainability, and for delighting customers
The Customer Packaging and Experience (CPEX) team at Amazon is looking for leaders to support further packaging reduction. These individuals will work with our selling partners to convert packaging from traditional retail packaging to e-commerce packaging through our Frustration Free Packaging (FFP) program so that products ship without Amazon-added packaging, while maintaining low products damage rates. Frustration-Free Packaging can also be easy-to-open, 100% recyclable, lighter, less voluminous, fun and convenient for customers, activate selling partners’ brands, and contribute to Amazon’s and selling partners’ sustainability goals.
Key job responsibilities
- Grow the proportion of Amazon orders that ship without Amazon packaging through leading the conversion of selling partners’ packaging into FFP
- Prioritize conversions within assigned product categories through a deep understanding of packaging eco-system and engineering, selling partners and Amazon goals
- Identify decision makers at selling partners, learn and address their needs, and influence them to expedite FFP conversions
- Demonstrate the financial, sustainability, and customer experience benefits of FFP conversions, through data analysis summarized into clear documents
- Leverage partnerships with other Amazon teams to reach conversion goals, and delight customers with less packaging in their orders
- Analyze selling partners selection in details, and agree with them on proposed FFP conversion roadmaps
- Report to leaders, in clear and concise documents, on assigned categories conversions pipeline, other performance metrics, learnings, trends, and forecasts
- Contribute to learning and building the FFP conversion business, proactively identify areas for improvement, propose and lead initiatives to resolve gaps
- Recruit and mentor other business development professionals
Up to 60% travel (post Covid), mostly domestic
About the team
Are you motivated to drive significant packaging reduction efforts across Amazon’s global organization? If you want to delight millions of consumers by reducing packaging at a very large scale, Amazon’s global packaging organization may be the place for you. Amazon's Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team works with core Operations, Amazon Robotics, Retail, Fulfillment Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Data Science and Finance to identify solutions which eliminate waste, reduce damages, and enhance customer experience. Since 2015, CPEX reduce the weight of Amazon outbound packaging by more than 36%, eliminating over 1 million tons of packaging materials.
Packaging engineering technical subject matter expertise
Worked with Fast-Moving Consumer Goods brands
Worked in partnership with structural packaging design engineers, packaging test laboratories, packaging automation, corrugated, paper board, paper bags and/or mailers packaging suppliers (including the Amazon Packaging Services and Suppliers - APASS Network)
The base pay range for this position is $143,650 - $213,748 (yr). Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Contract Lumber Lebanon, TN 37087 Today