- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of HR leadership experience within a rapidly scaling tech organization
Amazon Business is one of Amazon’s fastest growing new initiatives focused on building global solutions to enable business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions.
We are seeking an HR Leader who can build and execute our people initiatives across this global organization, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence. This leader will need to bring broad based experience, having succeeded in a wide range of HR roles. This leader will need to understand what it takes to move a successful, growing organization from good to great. We’re looking for a leader who is inherently curious, thinks big, and is comfortable taking calculated risks and implementing innovative solutions.
This person must have the ability to think strategically coupled with the willingness to roll up their sleeves and act tactically when necessary. An unrelenting focus on the customer and employee experience, a proven ability to invent and simplify, a bias for action and the capacity to conduct and leverage comprehensive root-cause analysis when building business cases or influencing decisions are requirements for success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with business leadership to drive results creating new programs to accelerate the attraction, development and retention of talent
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs and to create a sustainable pipeline of talent
- Function as a thought partner and coach to key business leaders and their respective organizations; engage in the business strategic planning to translate business needs into a people agenda
- Lead the annual HR talent management cycle relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development for the organization
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency in HR processes to enable the organization to hire and develop talent at scale and consistently to Amazon principles
- Lead an HR team and build a clear vision and strategy for the HR organization.
A day in the life
Working closely with the VP, Amazon Business and their directs, managing a team of HRBPs with focus on employee engagement and experience, talent strategies and driving short and long-term work that aligns with goals and growth of the AB org. Participation in cross-organizational work (across Americas HR, broader Amazon Stores HR Community) will be a common part of this leader's day(s).
About the team
This position will report into the Americas Tech HR Director. This HR team is comprised of HR leaders, HRBPs and Program Managers. It is a fun and supportive team known for delivering high quality results, innovation and simplifying wherever we can.
- Proven ability to sustain HR and people programs during times of change
- Hands-on leader who is continually and deeply engaged in the business to understand the current and future talent needs and to be able to provide insight\input on the health of the organization
- Has a data driven approach with strong analytics and the ability to create the right people metrics and implement solutions to drive positive change
- Known for high judgment, bias for action, and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Possesses a mix of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking and pragmatism
- Has the ability to identify issues and root cause; willingness to dive deep into details
- Ability to achieve results and earn the trust of business leaders
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Able to push and drive for resolution
- Thinks strategically, but dives deep and executes with precision
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Influences through data and metrics
- Deals well in ambiguous environments
- Ability to adjust one’s own thinking
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $299,000- 409,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
-Jersey City, New Jersey-
- Regular and Reduced Time (F, R) jobs based in Jersey City or US virtual jobs that could be performed in Jersey City The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $299,000- 409,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Contract Lumber Lebanon, TN 37087 Today