Job descriptionWelcome! You made it to the job description page! At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below! Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they're a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you? 1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
Community Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way. It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far. Company Perks: Quick Reference
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
- Overseeing a business unit within the Merchandising division of the organization based on global needs and the organization’s best interests.
- Developing the overall strategy, priorities, and vision for the business unit.
- Negotiating cost, terms, and dating with vendor executives.
- Developing relationships with sister site(s) counterparts on behalf of the business unit.
- Developing and cultivating healthy and collaborative partnerships with vendor executives.
- Assessing MTD sales trends versus plans, published forecasts, and guidance.
- Reviewing open-to-buy plan and monitoring worklists.
- Assessing on-order to verify that purchase orders are meeting flow expectations.
- Reviewing reports and analysis for vendor meetings and market appointments.
- Assessing reports and supplier performance at business reviews.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of product category trends, competitor behavior, and industry knowledge.
- Traveling, when necessary, for market trade shows and vendor appointments in support of buyers.
- Providing leadership, mentoring, training, developmental goals, and performance management to Merchandising team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least seven (7) years of merchandising experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience exercising people management responsibilities.
- Experience working in the e-commerce retail industry.
Please limit to 2 applications. The Zappos Family of Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 1.702.943.7777. To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Kids R Kids Learning Academy of Waterset & Southshore Apollo Beach, FL 33572 $13.50 - $20.00 an hour 30+ days ago