Job descriptionPosition Title Sr. Project Manager Mortgage Initiatives - (Troy, MI or REMOTE - Work from home United States
Location Headquarters-Troy, MI
Job Summary This position will be responsible for leading through the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, strategic mortgage and business initiatives. This role works directly with the Mortgage Leadership team to lead through the changing and ever-increasing complexity of the mortgage origination industry landscape. Using exceptional facilitation, influence, collaboration, interpersonal and presentation skills, this role plans, directs and coordinates activities of medium and large-scale projects across mortgage to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes, budget and have the desired impact. Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to projects that will span all channels, or multiple business units. This position will be at the forefront of driving change throughout mortgage originations.
- Analyze and assess business projects; lead the planning and implementation activities; including, but not limited to, working with the business to gather requirements and scope large scale and complex projects, make suggestions for ways to increase revenue and minimize risk exposure in a cost-effective manner, and facilitate the selection of the ultimate solution for the business and conducts cost/benefit analysis on the alternatives while maintaining budgeting for all projects.
- Oversees the execution all aspects of the project implementation for medium to large scale mortgage initiatives, which will include: cost benefits analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high-quality installation and partnership of technology; including but not limited to, new software and /or systems, and monitors all aspects of implementing projects. Work with leadership team and other internal partners to gather all required information and conduct necessary analysis.
- Ability to drive change management processes and sequencing of steps or activities that move change from inception to implementation. Proven ability to identify what will be improved which includes facilitation of process design sessions, documenting new work flows and performing workflow reviews with teams. Proven ability to develop change management plans and gain consensus from upper management on new processes. Ability to motivate teams and gain buy in of new process design. This includes consideration of tools, training, re-education, retraining, rethinking of priorities and daily work practices. Monitor and manage resistance, dependencies and risks. Proven skills on managing resistance to change within large teams. Ability to prepare for resistance by reading leadership with tools to manage it and aid in a smooth change lifecycle. Ability to development measures and metrics that validate the improvements made as a result of the change
- Supports the business areas in the operational readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes.
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decision to Senior Management and all involved parties.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of existing data sources, tables and data relationships, to assist with analytics and recommendations.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Business Finance or Related Field)
- 5 years of Comparable Work Experienc e
- 8+ years of experience researching, designing, developing, and/or delivering new value add projects, preferably in the mortgage business; mortgage or financial industry a plus
- 7+ years of experience in strategy and project management
- 7+ years leading large, complex mortgage initiatives and delivering results
- Active PMP Certification preferred
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, 12+ years of domain expertise will be considered
- Strong work ethic, impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Stays current with latest developments in project management field
- Motivated and creative; possessing ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
- Strong mortgage industry knowledge, preferred experience to include retail
- Proven ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation; adept at navigating obstacles and solving problems to keep the project on course.
- Strong project management skills with the demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple small and large projects in a cross-functional environment·
- Strong ability to coordinate and execute cross-functionally with technical managers, business managers, SME’s, customers, etc.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
- Excellent ability in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Strong ability to influence senior leadership and those not within direct control
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence in both the business and IT communities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Staff member is expected to consistently adhere to regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to their job as listed. Staff member will not repeatedly act in a manner signifying intentional or willful noncompliance, nor exhibit gross negligence or a general disregard for compliance and regulatory standards. Staff member must ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Staff member must complete all required compliance training on a timely basis. Staff member will maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Staff member must take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Travel 10% as needed