- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one's drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in "responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer's quality, and field construction.
- May serve in chosen discipline as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Designs foundation systems including conventional shallow spread footings, mat foundations, driven & drilled/bored piling, ground improvement, etc.
- Analyzes existing structures for existing and new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening as required.
- Sketches engineering designs utilizing 3D design tools and develop into completed working details and drawings based on solid engineering fundamentals.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or Structural Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- SE, or SE-tracked preferred, plus with 8+ or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- If not registered, 10+ years of related practical experience with former employer(s) is required.
- Experience with structural analysis software including RISA, STAAD, and Profis.
- Experience with Revit and RISA-Revit Link.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of structural fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Building Codes and Material Standards.
- Knowledge of seismic design/detailing requirements of concrete structures, steel structures, and foundations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78744: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Civil engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location