Job descriptionEnsures that shipment or receipt of goods to and/or from various locations is accomplished. Demonstrates and leads with a sound knowledge of logistics and supply chain, materials management and distribution/transportation processes and policies to meet the business requirements.
- Demonstrates and leads the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, and shipping of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates and leads work from a variety of source documents to verify quanties, parts, destinations and timing.
- Demonstrates and leads the uses of machines for weighing, banding, wrapping and packaging.
- Demonstrates and leads the use, safe operation and servicing of mechanical, motorized and or electrical equipment in the facilities work environment.
- Demonstrates and leads the performance of specialized clerical and documentation duties.
- Demonstrates and leads in other duties as assigned by management.
- 1-3 years' relevant experience
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Logistics experience preferred
- Requires frequent walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping.
- Requires lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling of various items of varying weight.
- Requires work from heights of up to 20 feet from floor.
- Requires work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures.