The Shuttle Driver will operate a non-CDL, box truck, on a dedicated route, transporting linen to and from depot locations.
Essential Duties and Other Responsibilities:
- Manually unloads clean linens and loads soiled at depots.
- Transports linens, sometimes across state lines, to depots.
- Manually loads soiled linens from depots.
- Delivers depot bags that contain deposits, invoices, and paperwork.
- Inspects truck before and after each shift.
- Must have compliant driver qualifications.
All jobs at Superior Linen Service share the following Core Competencies. These competencies ensure that we are working together to serve our customers and each other with excellence and integrity.
- Trust: Consistently Acts with Integrity. Has a reputation for being responsible, reliable, respectful, and trustworthy. Behaves and expresses oneself in an open and honest manner. Is credible and consistent in word and actions. Demonstrates integrity, even during difficult situations. Shares information accurately and completely. Handles sensitive information appropriately. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Teamwork: Works Well with Others. Brings people together or works collaboratively with others to leverage their skills, talents, and knowledge to achieve a shared objective. Creates synergy, generates enthusiasm, removes friction – resulting in a combined team-effort with greater results than those achieved by individuals. Properly recognizes team accomplishments and significant individual contributions.
- Commitment: Pursues Excellence. Displays initiative and executes with precision and thoroughness. Sets or accepts challenging goals and demonstrates a relentless commitment to meet or exceed the desired result. Follows through on all assignments and commitments, completing them in a timely and reliable manner. Displays initiative and executes with precision and thoroughness.
- Service: Dedicated to Customers and Co-Workers. Strives to perform their individual role in executing our mission “to profitably provide a sincere service of a quality product to our customers.” Consistently works to anticipate needs and provide services, solutions, products, and a personal performance that exceed expectations.
Education, Training, Experience and Licenses Required:
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma, Technical Certification, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Particular Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must exhibit self-initiative, accountability, and flexibility.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Must have basic computer use skill set.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift up to and over 100 pounds and move bins and carts up to 850 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and possible bloodborne pathogens in healthcare linens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Valid Driver's License