We’re not like most. We don’t just overcome obstacles – we don’t see them. Instead, we see the potential in every person, and every situation. We don’t wait for opportunity to appear – we create it. Meet ASM. A company that has been searching for people just like you.
Who is ASM?
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Our ambitious team is dedicated to delivering innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We have over 2,600 employees based in 14 countries, including Belgium, Japan, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Together we work to develop Epitaxy, ALD, PEALD, Vertical Furnaces and PECVD thin-film deposition technologies for our customers. Our goal is to remain an industry leader by being ahead of what’s next. We accomplish this by focusing on finding collaborative solutions to make integrated circuits, or chips, smaller, faster and even more powerful.
ASM, an inclusive workplace
We at ASM are a truly global organization that works diligently with an open-mind in all areas of our business. We strive for a culture and work style that fosters trust and transparency. We put our people first, and that is how we will continue to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We recognize and value the differences between individuals, including gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, knowledge and experience, work background, age, skills, amongst others. Recruiting and developing a diverse workforce provides a wide range of perspectives. This enables a culture of continuously exploring and adopting new technological ideas and innovations, and it also enables us to deliver excellent products and service to our clients.
As an engineer at ASM, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
The Key Account Technologist is the ASM product expert who supports extensive customer and internal company contacts for coordinating the introduction of new products, product improvements, and non-conformances/escalations at the customer. This includes leading projects/programs supporting these activities. The focus of this job is on managing all the technical account aspects of the customers in the assigned region.
- Drive NPI & evaluations by leading the project including hands-on work at the customer location, implement BU developed BKMs or CIPs at customer and execute necessary actions and modifications.
- Provide answers to our customers by identifying problems, researching answers and guiding customer through corrective steps to resolve high value problems at customer sites.
- Understand customer timelines for film development / roadmaps for current and future technology nodes and transfers the information to product management, business development and R&D.
- Identify technical inflections points and work with R&D to ensure customer requirements and learnings are implemented into product development.
- Be responsible for the performance of our equipment at the customer. Customer specifications which are non-ASM standard are signed by the KAT.
- Recognize early non-conformance of our product and takes the necessary steps for corrective actions, including analyzing data, involving hardware and process exports
- Take responsibility to solve any escalation as efficient as possible problems, for NPI and installed base
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree with 4 years experience or Master degree with 3 years experience or PhD with 1-2 year experince in chemical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or material science as well as experience in the semiconductor wafer processing or capital equipment industry.
- Related work experience can include process engineering and technical marketing.
- Direct experience with silicon wafer processing is a benefit or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and ability have been achieved.
- Written and verbal communication skills including excellent presentation skills required.
- Analytical thought and analysis abilities are needed to function in this position.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities towards the local account teams and within product line in support of introducing new equipment at the involved customers.
- Extensive intercontinental travel with extended stays depending on business needs, compensated by ASM global travel policy
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we’ve been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating, and delivering on our vision – a shared vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we’ll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.
Be part of our exciting future and join our team today!
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
About Care.com and [email protected] is a consumer tech company with heart. Were on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. Were moms and