This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- 6 years of experience in brand marketing and agency, with an emphasis on social media.
- Experience in leading social media channels and working on social media campaigns for a brand.
- Knowledge of social platforms and tailoring content for each platform.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in Paid and organic social platforms.
- Experience leading the social strategy across all major social media platforms for a brand.
- Experience in Gaming/VR and web3.
- Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies.
About the jobWhether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop social first strategies and campaigns that tie into the broader business and marketing goals.
- Bring original ideas to the team that drive innovation.
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional partners including social channel owners, brand, influencer, Public Relations, and Media teams.
- Help shape Google’s point of view on social by being a thought leader and sharing learnings/insights that will deliver better social work across the organization.
- Use social insights to inform strategy, creative, and business decisions.