Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc.
Job Description Form
Reports To (Title):
The Social Worker will promote mental and emotional well‐being that supports Participants’ in their efforts to succeed in their careers by integrating Connections to Care (C2C) into its Jobs Plus Program.
- Performs initial Bio/Pshycho/Social assessment for new clients and make referrals to community partners as needed.
- Provide care coordination and follow‐up from the referral, including any outcomes. make referrals to community‐based clinical care support services and ensure that such services are accessible by public transportation and that the referred location is within 30 minutes of a member’s residence and/or the Jobs‐Plus location(Monre, Sack Wern, Soundview and Clason Point House).
- Create service plans to address needs and referrals will be made to appropriate services
- Facilitate case conferences as needed to assess members progress and revise service plan accordingly. In the event the member is has significant barriers, will utilize the C2C model to assist members obtaining the services needed to be successful.
- Provide PschoEducational workshops for members and staff
- Aditional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree preferred
- LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAT, or a licensed psychoanalyst
- Five years’ experience in clinical practice
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be people oriented, motivated and be able to work with a diverse population
in a fast-paced environment. Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be flexible and able to respond to the changing needs of the program.
- Experience working with Welfare-to-Work clients, and facilitating learning to achieve employability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills required. Excellent motivational and presentation skills.
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
Special Working Conditions:
This position will require occasional work outside in the local community area (NYCHA Developments; Soundview, Monroe, Sack Wern and Clason Point Houses). This position requires some work on evenings and weekends.