This position is primarily remote/work from home.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Wegmans, you will lead a team of Software Engineers working to execute company priorities through multiple agile product teams. You’ll use deep technical knowledge to ensure the team builds quality products that adhere to defined solution architecture and meet system-relevant requirements. This role will also identify opportunities, develop actions to address gaps and minimize impacts and make decisions to drive innovation and automation across teams.
What will I do?
- Manage and develop your team, providing resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- Partner closely with product teams to drive new business initiatives and bring products to life
- Ensure code quality through use of software engineering best practices including code reviews, unit testing, peer programming etc.
- Support engineering decision making around topics like branching strategies and release methodologies
- Influence technology choices and give feedback to the solution architect on the skills and maturity of the team
- Foster and embrace the agile process on the journey to self-organization (in their absence)
- Actively identify gaps with process, resources, or technical solutions, develop actions to address gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to address and escalate as needed
- Act as a catalyst for change to improve applications or processes which benefit IT and/or the business unit
- 2 or more years’ experience managing and developing a team of Software Engineers or Developers
- 7 or more years’ experience in Software Engineering
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with vendors and internal business partners
- Leadership experience including the ability to quickly build credibility, and influence and/or make decisions across business units
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in Agile Scrum or Kanban methodology
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $116,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have 2 or more years’ experience managing and developing a team of Software Engineers or Developers?
Work Location: Remote