Shift Lab is a team of design-minded UX designers and developers. We solve complex challenges for our clients through the use of creative technology.
We craft beautiful, user-driven experiences, connecting the dots between client ambition, conceptual design thinking, and thoughtful code. From extending a creative director's vision in a digital product to reinventing systems that improve our quality of life, we create innovative user experiences and technical solutions.
We are strongest when we collaborate with creative partners and business leaders who value transparency, iteration, and craft. We're for those who seek a team creative, but technical, experimental yet focused; esoteric digital experts who know how to explain things.
Our projects are typically bespoke to the creative or cultural technology challenge at hand. An agile development process keeps us open and responsive to every evolving user need. We've kept our headquarters in New York City, but our team is fully remote across all US time zones.
A tight-knit team of UX designers and creative technologists. We use a variety of languages and frameworks to collaborate with startups, nonprofits, corporations, social impact brands, cultural institutions, and more. We often collaborate closely with top-tier international design agencies.
Our modern, bright, open office space is located in New York City, but our team is everywhere. We empower and trust our people, providing ample opportunities for career growth and work frictionlessly across all US time zones.
We're looking for a senior career Technical Director; an architect; a cloud guru, craftsperson of well-factored code, and agile development aficionado. Someone who wants to lead teams and provide strategic thinking while staying close to code. You have: extensive real-world software and architecture design experience. We have: a diverse array of clients who value your leadership and strategic thinking.
- A senior career candidate
- An expert in cloud-computing technologies, best practices, and designing architecture, including GraphQL and REST APIs
- A champion of the Agile process
- Someone who still wants to be close to code (but maybe not too close).
- A master of object-oriented programming concepts, capable of learning just about any language or framework.
- Capable of distilling product requirements into actionable technical outcomes
- Someone who can move things forward even when there are unknowns or ambiguity
- Equally adept at front and backend development, but you might prefer one over the other.
- A guide and mentor to teammates, by way of peer code reviews, keeping close eye on team output, and code articulation.
- Formally educated in product or software development with extensive real-world experience, ideally in an agency setting.
- (Somewhat) tech agnostic, and open to choosing the best tool for the job. Probably not .NET though
Comprise a well-rounded, dynamic team known for premium, innovative UX and development work.