Job descriptionPosition Title Specialist Distribution and Logistics - Warehouse Courier Switzer Warehouse COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more . Position Summary / Career Interest: Specialist, Distribution and Logistics are responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage and shipment of product at the local level. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transportation, storage, delivery, etc. You will also be responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product request, to the receipt from vendors,
The primary areas you will be responsible for performing the above tasks are:
- Store Room
- Point of Use Delivery
- Logistical Operations
- Other areas as assigned
This position reports directly to the Manager, Distribution and Logistics, but performs daily tasks under the supervision of the Lead Specialist, Distribution and Logistics. The role requires experience and demonstrated ability to work across departmental lines to complete tasks in the most efficient manner possible. Exceptional initiative is crucial to this role, strong interpersonal capabilities and the ability to meet productivity and quality requirements will be necessary to ensure that the individual is successful. Responsibilities:
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including (not limited to) accurately creating orders, picking orders, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, packing, loading, receiving, put-away, replenishment, recall processing, expiration checks, PAR Optimization, cycle counts, sub and backorder management and preparing the orders for delivery.
- Responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of receipt to the actual delivery of products to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Provides effective coaching and feedback to team members that you are training with.
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all safety, regulatory, and LEAN requirements.
- Performs other duties and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team members.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Unload and sort material to be stocked into location or replenished from one location to another.
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting established goals and performance standards both on a department and individual level.
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple Distribution and Logistics areas; Store Room, Point of Use and Logistics.
- Effectively use of Microsoft office products and general computer skills desired.
- Flexibility and adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills is a must.
- Ability to work overtime hours as necessary due to business needs.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma
- 1 yr related experience in a fast-paced environment; customer service, distribution or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast and dynamic organization.
- Maintain proficiency for departmental and system training requirements
- LEAN background
- Healthcare background