Job descriptionThe Sr. Oncology Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for development and execution of clinical content for Oncology programs and services across our Book of Business. Additionally, the Sr. Oncology Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for managing and executing long-term and ongoing departmental and enterprise initiatives. Knowledge of utilization management interventions including prior authorization, step therapy, quantity limits and formulary exception is required. Sr. Oncology Clinical Pharmacists will feel comfortable partnering in a matrix relationship with colleagues at all levels and teams. Additionally, Sr. Oncology Clinical Pharmacists will serve as a subject matter expert and key point of contact for direct and indirect teams. Sr. Oncology Clinical Pharmacists will have excellent communication skills and experience presenting to leadership. Previous management experience is preferred but not required.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Active pharmacist license that is in good standing
- 2+ years of relevant work experience or Prior Authorization experience
- 2+ years experience of clinical therapeutics for oncology drugs
- Proven proficiency in literature search and analysis of evidence-based medicine
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to distill complex concepts for leadership.
- Project and process management experience
- Ability to understand and optimize complex work-flow processes
- Comfort in working cross functionally while maintaining and improving inter-departmental relationships
- Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred.
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) preferred.
- Skilled in various PC applications, including MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of PBM and benefit design preferred
- 2+ years of Managed Care or PBM experience
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required Active Pharmacy License (required) in good standing
- BCOP Certification (preferred)
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.