DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 12/13/2022
Salary: $4738- $6964 Monthly (anticipated starting salary $4,738 mo)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Requisition Number 18773
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Staff Assistant in the Cook County Administrative Support Services Office. Under general direction, this position will provide input and assistance with confidential and sensitive management functions involved in the statewide planning and implementation of programs and initiatives regarding telecommunications, facilities, security, records management, vehicles, mail room, and leasing. The position will coordinate and conduct special projects and serve as timekeeper for the unit. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is focused on ensuring that supportive functions and processes are fulfilled in an efficient, effective manner. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong leadership and communication capabilities. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
1. Serves as staff assistant in the Cook County Administrative Support Services Office, providing input and assistance with confidential and sensitive management functions involved in the statewide planning and implementation of programs and initiatives regarding telecommunications, facilities, security, records management, vehicles, mail room, and leasing
2. Coordinates and/or conducts a variety of special projects, often of a sensitive and confidential nature, as delegated by the Manager, utilizing Power Point in the development of projects, as appropriate
3. Serves as liaison to Departmental divisions, as well as other agencies and organizations
4. Provides assistance to the Records Program area by conducting sensitive, confidential research resulting from requests for closed records
5. Serves as timekeeper for the Office of Administrative Support Services
6. Serves as the unit’s liaison regarding procurements, contract information, vouchers, requisitions for commodities and equipment, and fiscal services in the preparation of procurement requests
7. Reviews and distributes routine inquiries and correspondence for the unit, apprising the Manager of urgent issues
8. Receives and vouchers all related bills associated with the Office of Administrative Support Services, including leases, telecommunication, vehicles, inventory, closed records, facilities, etc
9. Serves as a technical resource to staff
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, preferably with courses in public or business administration
2. Requires one year of professional experience in a public or private organization, or satisfactory completion of an agency approved professional management training program
1. Two years of experience working in an administrative support capacity in a telecommunications, facilities, security, records management, vehicles, mail room, or leasing area in a public or business organization
2. Two years of experience serving as an administrative assistant in a public or business organization
3. Two years of professional experience reviewing and monitoring contracts, vouchers, or requisitions in a public or business organization
4. Two years of professional experience serving in a liaison capacity for a public or business organization
5. Two years of professional experience conducting research and carrying out special assignments in a public or business organization
Conditions of Employment
Requires the ability to pass a background check
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Work Location: 1911 S Indiana Ave Chicago, IL 60616-1310
Agency Contact: Angela Thurmond
Email: [email protected] (Preferred)
Supervisor: Stanley Hamilton
Job Family: Clerical and Administrative Support
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: