Aerotech, Inc is currently hiring a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to work a hybrid schedule in our global headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and opportunities to work remotely.
Aerotech is a market-leading engineering and manufacturing firm that produces motion control and high-precision automation products to our clients all over the world. These world-class solutions push the boundaries of what is possible in the industrial, medical research and aerospace markets, to name a few. We have received numerous corporate awards for innovation and employee satisfaction (including being named a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2020).
The Strategic Buyer will purchase merchandise, commodities or services.
- Leads the development, implementation, and governance of sourcing strategies for assigned commodities; including supplier selection, supplier relationship management, supplier performance optimization, understanding & mitigating supply chain risk, etc.
- Manages the entire supply chain for assigned commodity/part; including sub-tier suppliers.
- Performs rigorous and continuous segmentation analysis of spend within the category to engage effective strategies with different types of supplier relationships.
- Develops detailed knowledge and understanding of cost drivers and manufacturing/service processes related to assigned commodity categories and leverages this knowledge to optimize value.
- Drives strategies to develop new and emerging sources of supply to close technical, cost, or performance gaps.
- Perform supplier site visits/audits ensuring quality processes are in place, analyzing risk, identifying gaps, and driving continuous improvement.
- Serves as a primary change agent in fulfillment of business objectives. Provides clear plans for change; advocates implementation. Constructs the change strategy and effectively communicates the impact.
- Works in a cross-functional team to provide analytic support for senior managers and directors. Develops and expands business reporting to make tactical decisions while identifying opportunities and threats.
- Familiarity with supplier auditing and development
- Acts as a role model in partnering with and providing assistance to peers.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies, or related field of study
- At least five years of related experience and/or training in purchasing
- ISM CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) or APICS/ASCM (CPIM or CSCP) certification
- Supervisor experience is desirable
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
Aerotech has been advancing industries with our precision motion technology for more than 50 years. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees through continuous paid on-the-job training in a clean and climate-controlled environment, while providing the following exceptional benefits and more!
Competitive compensation & bi-annual bonus
- Annual merit increase eligibility with performance reviews
- Bonus payments every 6 months (based on company performance)
- Competitive paid time off, including major holidays, vacation and sick days
Outstanding health benefits
- Comprehensive UPMC medical benefits plus dental and vision coverage
- Low monthly employee contribution, deductible and co-pays for office visits and prescriptions
- Company-paid life insurance at 1x your salary with option to buy more
- Retirement benefits
Two retirement plans:
- 401(k) - employee contributions with Traditional and Roth plan options
- ESOT (Employee Stock Ownership Trust) - 100% employer-provided with no employee contribution required
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.