Job descriptionJob Description:
Cimarron is seeking Civil/Structural Designers to support the Mobile Launcher 2 (ML2) program at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The ML2 will be used, like the first mobile launcher, as the platform for assembling and testing the Space Launch System (SLS) in the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center, transporting the rocket to Launch Complex 39B, and supporting the vehicle’s launch. The platform includes various interfaces for fueling the rocket, providing power and data, and a crew access arm.
These positions are expected to last 6 months with the possibility of extension. Ideally, we would like the selected candidates to be fully onsite for the position. However, there is the possibility for the selected candidate to provide some remote support.
- Originate and check Civil/Structural deliverables of moderate complexity, including drawings and 3-D models for steel, concrete, and masonry structures.
- Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines, and codes for project deliverables.
- Report design quantities compared to estimated quantities.
- Work with the Design Supervisor and Engineering Group Supervisor to plan, budget, and schedule deliverables within the discipline.
- Participate in project design/model reviews.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Review and coordinate technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
- Serve as a group leader for a team of designers and drafters.
- Act as mentor or coach for subordinate designers and drafters.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Cimarron employees are required to follow federal, state, and local laws regarding COVID-19 practices, as well as customer requirements.
- 12 or more years of related experience.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Tekla and be able to integrate engineering 3D Model input across multiple project disciplines.
- Experience with creating and modifying steel details in Tekla.
- Knowledge of how to integrate models from Architectural and Structural Engineers.
- Experience with BIM (Building Information Modeling) workflow process.
- Experience with civil/structural design of heavy industrial-type facilities.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with provisions of AISC, ACI, IBC, and OSHA codes.
- Knowledge of construction materials and construction details and techniques.
- Familiarity with methods for the procurement and control of bulk materials.
- Knowledge of the technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with Facilities Design.
- Ability to independently execute the detailed design of civil/structural systems of moderate complexity.
- Ability to lead a team of designers and drafters for the detailed design of civil/structural systems of moderate complexity.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications.
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal.
- Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, other engineering disciplines, and construction.
- Ability to issue clear and concise direction to subordinate designers and drafters.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with structural (steel and concrete) design for industrial, nuclear, nuclear waste, aerospace, and/or defense facilities.
- Experience with 3D modeling using Creo 4.0.
- Previous Bechtel, NASA, and/or DOD/DOE project experience.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt, or higher, or working knowledge of other process improvement programs.
- Associate of Arts in Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services. We believe in recognizing employees' worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family. Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.