Job descriptionIntroduction: Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community. Overview: Barnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful, driven, adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work varying or set schedules on a weekly basis year round as a part-time Supervisor. The Supervisor will provide assistance to the management team, have oversight for booksellers within a specific department, satellite location, or store in the absence of upper management while providing outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular community. Responsibilities: As a Supervisor you will spend the majority of your time on the sales floor coaching and modeling Wow customer service. You will help train and oversee the daily work activity of booksellers in one or more departments in the store or for specified operational functions. You must be knowledgeable about department and store operations; provide outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular community; help enforce loss prevention procedures; and ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained, properly merchandised and the store is operationally sound.
- Spend the majority of your time on the selling floor delivering, coaching, and modeling exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all departments in the store to provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and team members.
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints and escalating problems to the management team when necessary.
- Assist in the daily operation of the store in partnership with the management team and act as the Manager-on-Duty in the absence of the manager or at satellite locations.
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to booksellers to manage and accomplish multiple projects to ensure the proper execution of the workload.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments as needed.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or required. Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Children's Courtyard Spring, TX 77379 Today