***Attention all Grand Canyon Candidates: Employees of Grand Canyon National Park Lodges will enjoy free housing at Grand Canyon Village through December 21, 2022***
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide taxi service in Grand Canyon Village and surrounding areas.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection among the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitation measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. The local National Park Service at Grand Canyon requires all employees living in shared company housing to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 . We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests. Responsibilities:
- Pick up passengers at dispatched location and deliver passengers to requested destination.
- Collect fare from passengers and record trip and fare. Turn in collected fare(s) to the Dispatcher in a timely manner.
- Provide information of services to passengers as requested.
- Contact dispatch via radio after dropping off passengers to receive next assignment.
- Conduct daily safety inspection of taxi, and report any discrepancies to the Dispatcher.
- Fuel the vehicle, check and fill all vital fluids including tire pressure when needed.
- Maintain interior cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Enforce all Xanterra South Rim L.L.C., National Park Service and Department of Transportation rules and policies for transporting passengers.
- Obey all posted speed limits and all other traffic regulations.
- Assist passengers as needed and requested by the passengers and/or Dispatch.
- Night Taxi Only - Be on call during “C” shift and respond to pickup requests from Switchboard Operator.
- Use proper radio codes when communicating with Dispatch, other taxi/tour drivers, National Park Service or Fire & Security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Sumer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license with a minimal number of moving violations and/or citations having been issued.
- Possess a required Department of Transportation physical exam card.
- Comply with Xanterra South Rim L.L.C. Company Vehicle Policy.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, AM & PM Employee Shuttle, and be on call if needed.
- Good verbal communication skills to conduct radio communication, as well as interact with passengers.
- Able to pass company sponsored defensive driving course, and practice defensive driving at all times while operating vehicle.
- Some previous experience in a “for hire” or shuttle/courtesy transportation driving environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.