Technology Product Manager
- Long Beach, CA (Please Note: Position Can Be Remote)
SCAN Group is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to tackling the most pressing issues facing older adults in the United States. SCAN Group is the sole corporate member of SCAN Health Plan, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 270,000 members in California, Arizona, and Nevada. SCAN has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for more than 40 years and is known throughout the healthcare industry and nationally as a leading expert in senior healthcare. SCAN employees are a group of talented, passionate professionals who are committed to supporting older adults on their aging journey, while also innovating healthcare for seniors everywhere. Employees are provided in-depth training and access to state-of-the-art tools necessary to do their jobs, as well as development and growth opportunities. SCAN takes great pride in recognizing our team members as experts in their fields and rewarding them for their efforts. If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that is innovating senior healthcare visit www.thescangroup.org, www.scanhealthplan.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Facilitate alignment between IT and assigned line of business by fostering communication and collaboration in service of corporate goals. Act as a liaison between IT and business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and be a strategic partner to solve business challenges using technology.
- Manages, plans and coordinates the development of new products, enhancements of existing products and technical solutions based on short-term and long-term needs.
- Effectively communicate with business stakeholders to uncover their technology needs while understanding the IT landscape to produce innovative solutions and high level designs, capturing functional requirements and design specifications.
- Define business value to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
- Manage and coordinate IT’s work for each assigned line of business based on the IT Portfolio and business priorities, while ensuring progress is on schedule and outcome is high quality.
- Determines reasonable roadmaps and deadlines for new products and product enhancements considering priority, business needs, financial limitations, and resource availability.
- Identify business issues, challenges and areas of improvement to provide cost saving, streamlined and optimized solutions. Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets along to meet business needs. Measure adoption and work with business stakeholder to develop future roadmap and opportunities.
- In conjunction with Technical Leads, drive the implementation of the project lifecycle process by following SDLC to ensure efficient and effective platforms for our business. Explain gaps and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Responsible for effective Change Management for IT led projects and changes. Review test plans, communications, training plans, delivery schedules, and project plans.
- Maintain positive relationships with business, IT and vendors by proactively setting expectations, coordinating information exchange and reporting project progress and risks. Keep management informed of key issues.
- Measure and communicate business value realized with the business stakeholder on a periodic basis.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our customers.
- Facilitate meetings effectively, including executive level report outs and staff level brainstorming sessions.
- Follow Software and Services department guidelines, protocols, tools, and processes.
- Actively supports the achievement of SCAN’s Vision and Goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years Business Relationship Manager, Product Owner or Product Manager or Project Management experience required.
- Healthcare Payer, Provider, or Hospital industry experience required.
- 5+ year of experience managing a portfolio, backlog or roadmap with multiple projects and activities in progress.
- 5+ years of experience in translating pain points or business objectives into technical solutions that span multiple departments and processes in a mid or large enterprise IT environment(s) required.
- 5+ years of experience in creating high level design visualization and documentation to communicate the designs and solutions (BRD, FDD, RTM, EPIC, User Stories).
- 5+ years of experience in creating business processes improvement documentation by modeling and mapping as-is and to-be processes.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and methods.
- 10+ years of IT experience required.
- Lean Six Sigma highly preferred.
- CPM / PMP preferred.
- Self-starter, quality and service oriented-minded; works with little supervision.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff including senior leadership, within and external to the organization to achieve goals.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to appropriately maintain confidentiality.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, all SCAN employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting SCAN. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating holiday
- Excellent 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A work-life balance
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference to our members and our community every day
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Do you have Health Care industry experience?
- IT: 10 years (Required)
- Business Relationship Manager or Product Owner: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote