The Testing Specialist performs diverse and highly responsible duties that contribute to the efficient operation of the Testing and Assessment Center. This position assists in administering, monitoring, and record keeping for a variety of tests/assessments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtain/maintain certifications for test administration.
- Administers and proctors exams of various type, strictly adhering to guidelines set by faculty and/or other testing organizations.
- Assists with preparation and registration of various exam services.
- Assists with monitoring, retrieving, and responding to all incoming voice and email messages.
- With a high degree of accuracy, assists with data entry of test scores and placement messaging.
- Daily will assist with scanning, faxing, emailing, filing, and mailing of various records.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and tidy testing area; responsible for daily/frequent cleaning/disinfecting test room tables, computer stations, and computers.
- Responsible for monitoring/reporting/storing of supply stock and various literature/study materials stock with bi-weekly reporting to the director and/or assessment technicians.
- May assist in opening and/or closing procedures.
- May assist in training of student work-study personnel.
- Regular, non-tardy attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Completes all mandatory training and two professional development per year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A cover letter must be submitted for full consideration. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. If required There are 2 Positions available, 2-35 hours/wk.
Education & Experience
High School diploma/GED.
- At least two years of responsible work experience in a customer-focused environment
- A minimum of 6 months-1 year of data entry experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret complex written records such as regulations and instructional materials.
- Extensive computer use required.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Demonstrated coordination, planning, and organizational skills
- Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/student contact.
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
Previous testing experience in a higher-educational setting.
- Knowledge of ACT, ACCUPLACER, CLEP, HESI, TEAS, Pearson VUE & Kryterion testing programs helpful.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the ability hear a whisper, soft noises, etc.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.