The Fleet Mechanic will be responsible for the full range of fleet services for the shop and trailers. The Fleet Mechanic's main duties will be to perform scheduled preventative maintenance, annual vehicle inspections, troubleshoot, and repair the fleet.
Salary and Full benefits Guide:
- Short-term disability insurance
- Lift Insurance
- Other complementary insurance
- All health benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60 days of the date of hire.
- Daily Pay - allows you access to your earned pay when you need it, with additional ways to help you save.
- Kazoo - Incentive Program (get points for doing a great job and redeem Cash (direct deposit on a check), gift cards, Company Swag, & more)
- PTO (Paid Time Off) starts accruing on Day 1
- Wellness Visits are covered at 100%
- Scholarship fund
- Service awards
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform preventative maintenance on fleet trailers for an assigned geographical grouping of Service Centers covering multiple states.
- Maintain and report a small part inventory.
- Learn and use any systems to track and process all repairs.
- Maintain and repair fleet equipment.
- Working with the highest regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassemble, repair, and reassemble parts, as necessary.
- Fill out all necessary documents.
- Perform required inspections (including annual DOT inspections), maintenance, and repairs, on all trailers.
- Maintenance includes lubrication, sensor cleaning and replacement, tire rotations and replacements, valve adjustments, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and keeping equipment put up out of the elements.
- Verify that equipment complies with federal and state vehicle requirements and safety standards.
- Perform repair work on trucks and trailers such as breakdowns, malfunctions, and emergency roadside repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Keep up-to-date files and ensure the Company is in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the equipment being operated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location